Monday, February 17, 2014

20% Proj. 6 Blog Reflections: Number 1


           I feel as though my topic is a little broad, but I can work with it and narrow it down to more specific categories within the topic. It is a very interesting topic to me because I did not know apps could be used for speech therapy, but there seems to be an app for everything! I can modify my topic of technology such as the iPad in Speech Therapy by focusing on certain apps, such as the ones my group posted to our Pinterest Board earlier in the semester. I can divide my topic into smaller sections. I can even include personal experiences and stories from online about success in the Speech Therapy field with various apps from the iPad and iPod. I can address questions such as which apps to use, which apps have the best success rate, and what do people of different ages recommend? I think people will be surprised by the usefulness of this technology in this specific field of work. Different issues, such as lisps for example, can be helped with different apps or methods. Not only does the iPad provide beneficial apps, but it may also provide a source of information and research for the Speech Therapist. There are apps that help the students and patients, but there are also apps that help the therapists themselves. This way, both can receive advantages from the iPad technology. Though this topic is a rather broad one, I can go into depth about the certain apps and how exactly they function to help the speech issues.

1 comment:

  1. Are you a speech pathology major? It seems like you are very passionate about this topic.

    ReplyDelete