Wednesday, April 16, 2014

20% Proj. 6 Blog Reflections: Number 6


           A lot of the questions I had at the beginning of my research have been answered through my findings. I wondered before I started the project how exactly the iPad helps Speech Therapists. A reoccurring statement I have found over the course of the project is that it helps keep patients/students engaged and interested in learning. This is very understandable, especially with children. Constantly doing verbal activities and flashcards can get very repetitive and boring. I also wondered what applications on the iPad in specific therapists and patients recommend. I found several and put some of them on my website. The most important aspect of the use of the iPad in Speech Pathology and any other field for that matter, is understanding that it is a tool to help both the therapist and the patient. Neither can rely on it to do the full job of teaching or learning. Another one of my main concerns is how much time exactly do Speech Therapists dedicate to using the iPad? Do they break it up so that they use half of their sessions with just interactive activities and the other half with the iPad? I have been trying to find the answers to these questions, but I really think it just depends on the therapist as well as the patient. Different people have different needs as well as various ways of learning. Overall, my research has answered most of my questions, and I have really enjoyed getting the chance to learn more about what I aspire to do in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment